Monday, October 21, 2013

Wire-Wrapping: Some First Attempts

I've been away for awhile finishing my MSc (finally officially done - yay!) so I'm going to share some pictures of a couple of old projects that I never posted to my blog. I was really excited to try wire-wrapping after reading through some tutorials (deviantART has some great contributors who post excellent step-by-step instructions of beginner and intermediate projects) and so far, this tutorial has produced my most successful project. I altered the design a bit, and it turned out pretty bright and crazy:


My next attempt was a bit more subdued, but still quite colourful:


I will hopefully have some time to try some more complicated designs within the next couple of weeks, but I can't promise anything! I'm beginning my PhD, and am also in the midst of writing a paper and wrapping up my Masters work for my colleagues. It is quite a busy time, and I'm very excited for the day I finally can take a guilt-free break!

Cheers :)

Life seems but a quick succession of busy nothings. 
- Jane Austen

1 comment:

  1. Ah, these are both so awesome! I'll have to check out the site for some tutorials... I make jewelry but have always wanted to try some more elaborate wire wrapping!! Can't wait to see what you come up with next!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete